What is PTE Academic exam?
- PTE Academic
- PTE Home
Why take the PTE Academic Exam?
Here are the listed reasons to choose PTE Exam:
- Unlimited Score Submission
- Accepted by Professional Associations in top Universities.
- Highly Flexible
- Fast Result
- Accepted for Visas
- Real Life Language
- Fair & Secure
Latest Updates for PTE Academic Exam
PTE Exam fees in Nepal
The PTE exam fee is 190 USD + 15% USD Tax + Bank Charge.
Reduced PTE Exam Timing
PTE at home
The Pearson group is very particular about ensuring the health and safety measures of students appearing for the PTE test. Considering the demand for remote PTE exams, students can now take the PTE at home.
Starting October 25, 2021,‘PTE at Home’ has been introduced. Candidates who wish to take PTE remotely can opt for this option for their PTE academics online test and attempt the test from home.
PTE Test Regulations Post-Covid 19
Considering the health and safety of staff and candidates, the PTE tests are held in smaller batches. Hence, it is advisable for candidates to check the PTE test centre and book their PTE slots early.
PTE Exam with Covid 19 symptoms
If you are facing Covid 19 symptoms right before your PTE slot date, you can cancel your test and get a full refund, or you can reschedule it for the ‘PTE at Home’ option without any additional cost instead.
Types of PTE Academic Exam
The Pearson Language Tests conduct the exams in 4 formats:
- PTE Academics
- PTE Academic UKVI
- PTE Home
- PTE at Home.
What is the PTE Academic Exam?
The PTE Academic Exam is to be taken up compulsorily by candidates aspiring to study abroad. PTE Academic exam basically tests candidates' English reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills. The entire duration of the test lasts up to 2 hours. The exam is conducted all round the year and the test scores are valid for 2 years. This test is accepted by over a thousand universities around the globe, including Harvard Business School, INSEAD and Yale. In Australia and New Zealand, PTE Academic is accepted even for visa purposes.
What is PTE Academic UKVI?
PTE Academic UKVI is a Secure English Language Test (SELT) that is approved by the UK Home Office for all UK visas that require 4 language skill sets: reading, writing, listening and speaking. Candidates aspiring to work, live or study in the UK need to attempt the PTE Academic UKVI.
Difference between PTE Academic and PTE Academic UKVI
What is PTE Home?
PTE Home is an English proficiency test accepted by the UK Home Office for family and work visas. PTE Home is conducted in broadly 3 formats: PTE Home A1, PTE Home A2, and PTE Home B1. Each test serves different purposes for the UK family and work visa category.
What is PTE at Home?
PTE Exam Highlights
PTE full form
|Pearson Test of English|
|Pearson PLC Group|
Widely popular as
|English language proficiency test|
Generally accepted by
|Universities in the UK, Australia, and New Zealand|
Types of exam
|PTE Academic, PTE Academic UKVI and PTE at Home|
Mode of exam
|English Speaking, Writing, Listening and Reading|
PTE Exam Registration
How can I Register for the PTE Exam?
If you are looking to register for the PTE Exam, follow these easy steps:
- Visit the Pearson official website- PTE Academic website.
- Create an account.
- Get your login credentials within 48 hours of creating the account.
- Find your nearest PTE centre.
- Book your slot by searching for PTE dates in Nepal and select a suitable date.
Other Methods of Registering for PTE Exam
Know all about PTE Slot Booking/ PTE Exam Date Booking in Nepal
Pearson PTE hosts tests all through the year, candidates looking for PTE date booking simply need to go to the Pearson website and select the city, and the website will give multiple time slots available in the PTE Centres of the city you have selected.
PTE Exam fee in Nepal
PTE Academic Exam Types
PTE Exam fees in Nepal
|PTE Academic exam fee in Nepal||
|PTE Academic UKVI exam fee in Nepal||
PTE Exam cancellation fees
- If you decide not to take the PTE Academic test after making your booking, you have up to 14 full calendar days before your test date to claim a full refund.
- If you cancel the test, with less than 14 calendar days, but at least 7 full calendar days before your test date you will receive a partial refund (50% of the test fee paid).
- If you reschedule the test, with less than 14 calendar days, but at least 7 full calendar days before your test date you will pay 50% of the test fee.
- If you reschedule the test less than 7 days before the test date you will be required to pay the full test fee.
- No refunds will be provided on cancelling the test less than 7 calendar days before the test date.
Note: The cancellation and reschedule policy does not include your test date.
PTE Exam rescheduling fees
If your plan or availability changes, you may reschedule or cancel your appointment at any time. We highly recommend that you do this as soon as possible to reduce the cancellation fee.
The easiest way to cancel or reschedule your test is online, by signing into your My PTE account at www.pearsonpte.com.
To reschedule/cancel your test online:
- Sign in to your account with your username and password.
- Once you have successfully logged in click on ‘Reschedule’ or ‘Cancel’ next to the appointment.
- You will receive an email confirming the change to your test booking.
- We would like you to be aware that you will forfeit your test fee in the event that you must reschedule or cancel your test within 7 days of your test appointment. Exceptions are made only on a case-by-case basis, with proper documentation.
- Test rescheduling and cancellation policies, and associated fees are outlined in the PTE Academic Handbook.
- Pearson is not responsible for expenses incurred beyond the cost of the exam, including, but not limited to: travel expenses and/or lost wages on the day of the exam.
How to reschedule the PTE Exam?
- Open the website - www.pearsonpte.com
- Log in to the My PTE account
- Click on the Reschedule or Cancel option
PTE Exam date booking:
PTE Account Registration and PTE Exam Registration
Steps to register for the PTE exam:
- Open a web account on the official PTE Academic Website or log in to a previously created account.
- Once you create an account, fill in all the details carefully, including your passport details.
- Next, you can choose the test center, date and time that is convenient for you.
- You can proceed with the payment after filling in all the details.
- You will receive an acknowledgment receipt once the payment is made.
PTE vs IELTS: Which is more difficult?
Both IELTS and PTE are considered to be of the same difficulty level. The PTE exam can be taken only online, but the IELTS exam can be taken online and offline.
Important Links - PTE Eligibility, PTE Preparation, PTE Syllabus, PTE Results and PTE Scores.